theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

boats

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: boats

Post by RedneckAngler on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:03 am

Cutting and carpeting a piece to fit in your boat will be no problem. You will have a nice little platform to stand on and fish the backwaters. Could probably cut it so that you could either attach the seat to the back bench as well, or move it forward to the middle with a tiller extender and free up some a larger place to stand in the back 1/3 and balance the boat better for 1 person.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein. Is Al a fishing guru trying to tell us something, or are we all just insane?
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Got my CT Boating/PWC certification yesterday so I am now legal. Plan to maybe go out next weekend for the first time on the boat.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein. Is Al a fishing guru trying to tell us something, or are we all just insane?
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:02 pm

I'm a submarine pike! This must be a good omen.

RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:04 am

yes it is...that class wasn't so bad, eh? got to get everyone else to get one...you can get a rowboat for next to nothing these days...and canoe with a motor mount is less than 7 bucks to register every year....i actually got my boat for free...(bassman)

meatloaf
meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Storage under platform

Post by RedneckAngler on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Just to show the storage capacity under a casting platform on a small boat. The hinge pins can be easity removed to quickly take off the platform. With additions like this, be aware of your weight capacity and stability issues.

RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:23 pm

the problem with my mod is that the bow seat is all the way up front...i need something in the middle to support the weight......i think i am going to check out iboats.com for more ideas...i wish my seats were like yours....also if they were..my boat would be bigger!...i think i have boat envy....

meatloaf
meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Ran the first "sea trials" today. Boat ran well, though we didn't put in at Haddam as planned because of the conditions. Not good. Could have put in on the other side in the shelter of the Salmon River, but the wind that was supposed to die down was picking up to 16-18 knots. We ended up just running around in Silver Lake, testing stuff out. Caught some pickeral and tiny bass, so we weren't skunked. I definately need to move the pedastal to the front of the boat to fish with 2 and have better balance and trim. With my fat ass solo I might actually put in some ballast in the front or move up in the middle slot with the throttle extension. The casting deck was great though for the front fisherman. Engine ran well.

RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Your boat with the 2 bench configuration will require a different approach. I found with mine yesterday that given the engine, fuel, battery and two adults (1 XXL), the middle seat didn't work. Even at 14", I still need one guy forward of the center bench either on the platform or seated near the front of it. I'm putting another base plate for the pedestal in the front center. Your boat seemed well balanced with the far forward seat for 2 fishing. One option may be just a low floor board in front of the rear bench to provide a flat, level surface if you are standing and trolling, especially solo. A platform on the rear may work well with a guy in the front, but you would have to take it out on some flat water and stand on the rear bench to get an idea. Moving the battery to in front of/center of the front bench would also balance the boat for solo ventures. The floor boards also make it easy to attach fasteners for bungees, etc.

RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 pm

I've got to say.... you have made some real progress on the boat. Looks great. You seem to put a lot of thought into every addition.

perch
perch

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.the1stshot.com

Back to top Go down

Close to finished the Pimp my Boat project

Post by RedneckAngler on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:56 pm

After a few trips, I've adjusted a few things to even up the balance and think I've done about all the major additions. The before and after. The last was the small trash can, rescued from the stuff I had just thrown out, to keep the anchor line foul-free. An electric winch would be nice, but minus that, a small bucket ensures no rope snags or tripping hazards.
Plan to fish a lot while I'm off this week.
BEFORE

AFTER

Anchor Bucket

RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:18 pm

dude you're as safe as a kitten...your setup is sublime, and i am jealous....

meatloaf
meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Since I could't buy a new boat this year, I had to tinker more with the [i]Gemma Rose[i]. Even if I get a larger skiff or center console, she's staying as my river/lake boat and for the kids as they get older. I'm working on wiring now for fore and aft halogen/fog lights to make the early navigation a bit easier and Sam got me a bimini top for Christmas.

RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Sat May 28, 2011 12:10 am

Two season's ago, after months of "to own" or not "to own" a new boat (and all the monthly costs associated), I compromised and bought the "Gemma Rose", a 14 ft. aluminum that I could throw in lakes, rivers and near the shore in the summer. I would no longer be landlocked, nor tied to the payments of a large boat, leaving me free to travel and charter in different locations. Originally outfitted with an old Merc 18hp and some oars, I've made a few modifications, turning the Gemma Rose into a true redneck fishing platform. Below, you can see the transformation from the bare-bones version, to the additions of the forward casting platform and storage, to the final vid of the necked out Gemma Rose. I dare you to find a 14ft. aluminum solo fishing machine with more crap!