theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

what to do in the winter

Go down

what to do in the winter

Post by meatloaf on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:46 pm

most of us dont fish a whole lot in the winter, so there is many things u can do in the meantime

1)plan on going at least one place u havent before.
2)play with your tacklebox...organizing is freakin fun~
3)make a lure(yes i know rna...we have to place an order...i cant till end of dec...money trouble)
4)take some gear you have and make it better
5)lube up your reels
6)strip out old line
7)take pictures of your gear
8)sleep with your favorite reel underneath your pillow
9)contribute to this forum
10)call a fishin buddy and go out for a beer
11)dream it ...and chase it

meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: what to do in the winter

Post by RedneckAngler on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Sounds like a plan. Hopefully we can add get a few folks over to the Housie or the Thames one weekend after the holidays to chase some schoolies. Less likely fishing in numbers to get mugged by someone whose methadone dose isn't cutting it.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein. Is Al a fishing guru trying to tell us something, or are we all just insane?
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:38 pm

maybe!..we need two consecutive unseasonable days of warmth...that's a good idea...i got a spot when they arent in the harbor on the thames(near the tracks)(shore)if you dont ice fish like me, this is a great way to get your fishing fix....good idea....

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:24 pm

this winter i am getting organized......creating a rack for my big lures...wood with insane amount of eyelets drilled in...got to clean the basement 1st...prioritize, organize, socialize, mobilize

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm already going stir crazy. Going to plan a day in Norwich on Columbus Day weekend if anyone is interested. Naptha and my friend Jeff might join me. Anyone else is welcome. I'll post more later. Stripped out some reels and respooled. Put 65# PowerPro on my Penn 950 to speed jig with. I've got my pair of Diawa BG 7000s on my heavier chunking rods. Not as sexy as the newer high end Diawa, but I've been fishing them 15+ years and can't wear them out. In fact, for every new toy I get, I probably have a reel my age that I still fish. Went christmas shopping for my wife and came home with a new plugging rod from CT Outfitters on their wholesale clearance. Now I've got to do what Meatloaf is doing, reorganize, and hope Santa is good to me. Oh- my wife got me a Flip video for this spring. Can make stupid YouTube fishing videos!

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein. Is Al a fishing guru trying to tell us something, or are we all just insane?
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Got a waterproof camera and an
okuma cv 30d. Stoked for next season
but I have to finish stuff around the house
before I can screw with all
my gear

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Cool. We should get lots of new pics and vids for the website. Got a few things that will keep me occupied. Have a new float switch and fuel filter that I need to install. I'm going to put the float switch and bilge pump on a plate so that I can move it if I want to. Also got a new drift sock for the one I ran over, and a bimini top. I'll be set for many a long summer's day on the water.

RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:38 pm

ur crazy bihimi monster...pics and vids out the ass....i want to film your boat mods before we go out

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:17 pm

it's unseasonably warm..day 3 of it means striper time!...anyone with time to kill should try the thames or the housatonic...wish i could go so badly.....

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down