theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

You better KNOT mention that again!

Go down

You better KNOT mention that again!

Post by 06062 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Sorry for the terrible Adam Sandler goat reference. I have been busy and not posting much here lately. We found out that my wife's contract was not renewed for the next school year, and budget cutbacks will probably ensure she will not have a job in the fall, so I have been trying to work some more overtime in preparation. I will probably have to continue working this overtime (and probably more) this summer. It's really put a damper on my gun purchases! Anyway, it's neither here nor there.......

Over the winter I picked up a couple of books at the library and have been trying to learn how to tie some different knots. "Why?" you ask. I have no fucking clue why. I found this website (Stormdrane's Blog) and was really interested in what he does. These are the only pictures I have at the moment, although I have learned a few others. I am working on a King Cobra stitch key ring and will hopefully be done with it soon. The knife is a Strider SnG CC. I went down to the East Coast Custom Knife Show in NYC and picked it up there. Titanium, S30V steel and micarta......love it. The bead is from Starlingear. They make jewelry and have stores in California and Japan. I met one of the guys from the company at the knife show and picked up a couple of beads from him. The stamp on the skull's forehead is the Strider knife logo. The third picture shows the knife and two beads.

I hope everyone is good and ready for some warm weather!

I had to edit....the photos appeared to have been cut off and I needed to resize. Let me know if you're able to see the entire pictures.

Last edited by 06062 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

perch
perch

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.the1stshot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You better KNOT mention that again!

Post by RedneckAngler on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Nice knife and cool website. Sucks about your wifes position. Cheshire is laying off about 20 teachers. One of the young guys in my department was not renewed and is applying with several police departments.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein. Is Al a fishing guru trying to tell us something, or are we all just insane?
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Sadly, I don't know how many police departments will be hiring either. Plus, I would be worried about getting into the academy or having just graduated, and then being laid off. We had 400 or 500 applicants for the 18 positions we are trying to fill, but it sounds like the city is changing their mind and doesn't want to hire anyone. Now the chief is trying to get some Obama money for them.

Good luck to your co-worker.

perch
perch

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.the1stshot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:27 am

that stiching looks real hard...damn...those unsigned contracts for teachers is bullshit.....education should be at the top of the pyramid for spending...we cannot raise a nation of idiots to take care of us when we are old...that is wrong...to compete in a global economy education and athletics need to be bumped up.....not down...that is one huge problem i have with this crisis we are in....we have tons of overpaid people who work in the state/town who don't do shit!...give civil servants and teachers a fukin' break...they do what they are paid to do and thensome....i support local police, the frat order of police..and i wouldn't mind donating to the education fund in our town.....and cripes...if we don;t need new football uniforms, don't buy them....save that money for a teacher's salary that would have been laid off.....obama is trying to overhaul the budget, and every town needs to do that as well....but put the fukin money in the right spot...spare a couple of potholes for a year...

meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down