theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

fishing shows 09'

Go down

fishing shows 09'

Post by meatloaf on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:28 pm

The fishing/boating show is jan 22 thru the 25th.
and the fishing/hunting show is feb 13-15...
i hope to go to both...i am going to the boating show no doubt..........but i want to see if we can maybe get heads to go to both, or one...half the fun is getting ready...also any newbies can learn alot.i have no clue what time i can go...but i imagine when i know, i will post it to see if anybody wants to meet up...and please, if ya gots a holy mackerels hat, represent!...new hats are coming out eventually, heckler and i just have to hammer out a design and all.........anybody got any ideas for it, lmk, we enjoy contributions no matter what the idea.

Last edited by meatloaf on Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: fishing shows 09'

Post by RedneckAngler on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 pm

The show this weekend has some great seminars on striper fishing/surfcasting and spinning for tuna. I'm hoping to put together a tuna trip this year with the goal of doing some casting with spinning setups. Unfortunately, I'm working Fri-Sun., so I just plan to stop by Thr. afternoon. I would have liked to catch the DJ Muller presentation for some surf casting tips.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein. Is Al a fishing guru trying to tell us something, or are we all just insane?
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:52 pm

he maybe doing the one in springfield...look into it...surf fishing is so freakin fun..i hope to do it more than 3 times this year...tuna fishing eh?i wish i had cash...i would try that, albies, marlin..etc.....i want to catch anything that swims.....well at least u are going thurs, right?i got the fishin jonesing bad right now...i cant wait till march....
06062 is going sunday and me on sat............

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:29 am

Went to the show Thr. Definitely a boat show with a few fishing booths. The big fishing show is the weekend of 2/19. Still saw a skiff I would love to have, 17 ft. Triumph Skiff. Virtually indestructable for lakes, rivers, near shore, backwaters with huge open casting decks front and back. I heard so many murmers from dealers about lack of sales and piled up inventory. If I could find a place to hide it from my wife... Picked up some cards from charter boats, not much in the way of swag.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein. Is Al a fishing guru trying to tell us something, or are we all just insane?
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:40 am

damn! i am still going though...just in case i win a another rowboat.....how much is the skiff?22 grand?
you could pay for that by selling a patent!
i am looking into trademarking soon...hopefully it isnt too much.

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:36 pm

rna was 1000% percent right....i saw no fishing stuff...but it was cool to see all the boats...i saw two 17 ft triumphs,and both were super nice...one had more seating, but the other had much more casting room....it seems like the economy has hit boats hard...many brand new boats were not sold since 2007....you would be surprised what 20 grand can now get you....my fav was the lund 1625 rebel ss...which seats up to 4, and has all the storage and stuff any multi-species angler would want..it's not really for salt, but i imagine it would do fine in a bay or mouth of a river....and only 15 grand...the highlight of the show for me was a t-top with 3 v8 350 yamaha engines..holy crap..what a gas guzzler...80 gallons an hour at full throttle or something stupid to that effect..it's in the middle of the show...with a msrp of 324 grand...damn...that is too hardcore...what is the point of that...somebody with a small pecker is gonna buy that boat.

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by flymaster on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:43 pm

your right bassman will and he will have his hairnet on when he drives it hahahahahahahaha

flymaster
submarine sized pike
submarine sized pike

Male
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:45 pm

that's awful...if he had that money, he wouldn't spend it on a boat anyways...he would buy stock in mountain dew or fanta...he is giving me a fish finder for my boat...i hope it works, i can't wait to flyfish for bass and pike...my trolling motor is aching to be used....i got a old friend that is taking me out for stripers hopefully sometime this year, and i hope to try and flyfish them for a half an hour...he really knows his shit, and he can find them with ease....

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Dodge Fishing and Hunting Expo

Post by RedneckAngler on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:06 pm

We should try to plan to go to the Dodge Fishing and Hunting Show next month. This will have tons of fishing show, lots of good swag, and a chance to gather some info for the upcoming season. Sunday is my wifes B-day, so I'm probably looking at the Saturday.

RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:25 pm

ok.....sounds like a plan...i will see what day i can go , too

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:34 pm

With the purchase of a new (to me)boat and tons of things I need, I will definately be going to look at the fishing show and not spending any $$ on a cod trip I had thought about. Anyone wants to go, LMK. My wife is going to a UConn game either Sat/Sun for "work," so I am free whichever day she is not going. I think she will go to the women's game Sunday. One more post and I hit 100, so I will have to look for something else to comment on.

RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:55 pm

i am going sat, i have no clue what time...if by chance i do not meet up w/anybody...i am comforted knowing that heckler, rna and others are stepping on the same carpet, drooling, and pondering..."if i had the money i could buy half of all this shit in 1 hr".....

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:10 pm

going early sat morning...hope to see anyone else...was last minute..i almost didnt go cause of money.....but u only live once, right?

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:25 pm

http://www.fishinghuntingexpo.com/venue.html

has all the info

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:04 pm

I think I can make it up early AM

RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:26 pm

got there at 10:30..didn't see ya...we got to trade phone numbers again.....
i thought they had too much fly-fishing shit in the way of saltwater flies for sale...there were too many of those booths...that is what fly-fishing shows are for...they could have used some openings for new products...like that planer board i posted...those would have flown off the shelves...but, as i said before...sometimes everyone doesnt need to know a great technique...i am ordering those tonite...probably getting 2 or 3....they even sell parts, in case they get hit by boats or whatnot

and for those of you who have kids...my daughter went to her 1st fishing show....and as expected, she fell asleep a lil bit....too bad most fishing lures have hooks, because she would love to play with them...i got two lures from musky joe..one is like 9 inches...with a curly tail, and i got a prop bait, dark clown colored...maybe 5.5 inches....totally strange how that fishing show could have been much better than it was...the parking added a half hour to the whole experience,
if it was at the expo...people would have been less pissed off and the price for admission could have been a couple dollars cheaper..usually this touring show goes to the big E...and that one in my experience...has more saltwater swag...
it seems like as far as gear, they either had garbage old shit or high end stuff...nothing in between...not a good idea with this economy....some of those lures were probably made in the 80's!

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:27 pm

i forgot to tell you all, i bumped into charlie moore before the fishing show,i asked him if he needed helps with his boxes...he said he got it...and it looks like he got a good look at my hat.....i think he likes all the fame, but a part of him likes to just fish...i see some of his gear on his shows...and it looks well used.....i used to not like him...but i changed my mine...he is all about teaching, and is all about saving money...not to bad on values, if you ask me..i always thought he was a loud mouth...but i guess i have the same problem...

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down