theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

More Class III

Go down

More Class III

Post by 06062 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:07 pm

I have been waiting for the tax stamp for this silencer. It was given to me by someone who was moving out of state, who didn't want to take the time and money to have it transferred to his new residence. I bought the host gun a few months ago, while waiting for the stamp. I will hopefully take it to the range sometime this week to test.

perch
perch

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.the1stshot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: More Class III

Post by meatloaf on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:47 pm

what is a tax stamp?i have no clue...

meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:20 am

In order to own a class III weapon (silencer, short barrel rifle or "any other weapon") you have to "apply" to the A.T.F. and pay a $200 tax. On your approved form, they stick a postage-like stamp that reads "National Firearms Act" to it. You have to carry this form with you when you take the weapon out of the house.

When I get a chance, I will scan a copy of it and post here.

perch
perch

Male

Back to top Go down

silencer

Post by roastbeefmeatcurtinloosel on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:43 am

i thought your town you live in had something to do with owning a silencer atleast thats what the folks at JOJO's told me
roastbeefmeatcurtinloosel
bunker
bunker

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:42 pm

JoJo's is correct.

On the back of the ATF form there is a spot for the signature of the Chief of Police of your town. The Chief is just signing, acknowledging that he sees no reason for you to not own the class III.

There are ways to bypass this, if your chief refuses to sign. Different entities can own Class III items, such as corporations and trusts. Corps suck because you have to do quarterly taxes. But, you can form a "revocable living trust" by using Quicken Willmaker ($40) and having the forms notarized. The "person" applying for the approval is an entity and bypasses the need for fingerprints (can't print a trust) and the Chief's signature. You still have to pay the $200 tax. If you later decide to end the trust, you will have to pay another $200 to transfer ownership from the trust to a person.

It is actually in the Chief's best interest to sign, as he will know who owns what class III in his town, but there are some that do not sign. The trust route precludes him from that knowledge and many people use the trust for that reason. For the two I have had signed so far my chief looked at forms and signed them without asking for a copy.

Some people like to have a lawyer set the trust up, to make sure everything is done correctly. I have been told this costs around $600 to do.

There is not much more to it, just knowing which trust forms to send. I have not had the need to form a trust, as my chief signs forms with no problem, but I do own the Willmaker program if anyone needs it.

I am by no means an expert, but can direct people to place for info.

perch
perch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:47 pm

This is not mine, just one I pulled off the net. This is form one application to make a firearm. In this case it's to take an existing rifle and make it a short barrel rifle.

perch
perch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:23 pm

holy info batman! +3 viking knowledge points awarded............

meatloaf

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Heckler on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:34 pm

definitely good shit there mang. is that host piston in the first pic, have a switch for semi AND full Auto??? that pig is sick!

Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why. "rusty"

Heckler
nile perch
nile perch

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:07 am

No full auto... I wish.... too expensive! Just a safely selector there. Fire/Safe

Heckler wrote:definitely good shit there mang. is that host piston in the first pic, have a switch for semi AND full Auto??? that pig is sick!

perch
perch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heckler on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:37 pm

it was a 50/50, nice setup though.

Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why. "rusty"

Heckler
nile perch
nile perch

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down