theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Assault Weapons Ban

Go down

Assault Weapons Ban

Post by 06062 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:57 pm

Obama has made no secret that he wants to renew the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban with no sunset provision. While CT has an assault weapons ban in place that mirrored the federal, we have no idea what a new federal ban would prohibit.

Since the week before the election, gun stores have been going crazy selling guns and accessories. So, I have the following advice:

If anyone wants an AR-15 / assault type rifle, the time to do it is now. Who knows what will happen on 1/20/09. Some dealers are also gouging and raised prices on the day after the election. Find a reputable dealer (I know a couple - contact me if you want info) and buy anything that interests you. You might not be able to ever again.

My suggestion list is below:

AR15 lowers - these are about $110 and are considered firearms, so you can build these into complete rifles later on, regardless of a ban. During the last ban, lowers were priced at $600 - $800.

Magazines - If you have a handgun of rifle, buy high capacity magazines. While they are priced $15 to $20 now, ban prices were $100 each.

Ammunition - One of the ways Democrats talked about legislating firearms was a de-facto ban by taxing the hell out of ammunition. I intend to hoard 223/556 ammo. You think prices are high now, imagine a 100% tax.

If anyone has any questions, please ask. I am by no means an expert, but am in the position to ask those who know.

Thanks.......Dave

perch
perch

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.the1stshot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Assault Weapons Ban

Post by meatloaf on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:39 pm

you might not be an expert, but a mentor nonetheless....i almost wish i was a gun nut to benefit from your gun knowledge prowess.....

meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:39 pm

Been to a few sites out of curiosity and almost everything is sold out on many! Same deal with FAL lowers as the AR15? If you purchase either you can build the complete rifle later? Worst case scenerio is that you just sell the lower later if you don't build the rifle.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein. Is Al a fishing guru trying to tell us something, or are we all just insane?
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:27 pm

If you find a reputable dealer, prices should be the same as they were the day before election. Stock may be the only problem now. The dealer that I buy from has not raised prices on anything. In fact, he has a good relationship with Stag Arms in New Britain (one of the largest manufacturers in the country) who is shipping him lowers this week. I might pick up two or three.

The last ban exempted rifles built before the ban took effect. Also, if there was ever a question, the burden of proof was on the police (in a criminal case) to prove that the rifle was not completed. Kind of hard to do.

You can always sell the lower. Like i said, pre-ban lowers were going for $600 to $800 and at $110 now, not even the stock market will give you returns that good. That is all hinged on the federal ban being more restrictive than CT's.

perch
perch

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.the1stshot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:08 pm

looks like they aren't just what they do, but also an investment...they better not ever ban fishing equipment, i will get pissd!

meatloaf

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down