theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

For me?

Go down

For me?

Post by 06062 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:59 pm

Shit...........It's like you created this section just for me!
perch
perch

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.the1stshot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: For me?

Post by Heckler on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:27 pm

Oh yeah i forgot to post mine.......will do tomorrow,,,your pieces are very nice.

Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why. "rusty"

Heckler
nile perch
nile perch

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:13 pm

lots of gun-toting people in here, i figured we should put something in here....it is supposed say guns, bows and motorcycles

meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Heckler on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:38 am

is 06062 DM? 5-0 DM?

Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why. "rusty"

Heckler
nile perch
nile perch

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:25 pm

oh yes.....he has been in here for a while

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by flymaster on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:16 am

ill have to take some pick of my stuff and post them not a big collection but its well loved

flymaster
submarine sized pike
submarine sized pike

Male
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Heckler on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:58 am

I am thoroughly impressed with 06062's collection. I bow to his excellency. I like his "toys" I am ( i know i have said it before), be posting mine today.

Heckler
nile perch
nile perch

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:23 pm

Hello....my name is Dave..... and I have a problem......

Since I took these pictures, I have added a few more to the stable.

A pre-ban AR-15 that was registered as a short barrel rifle. You thought 42 cents was bad... you should see the $200 tax stamp I had to get for it! I am waiting for sights, which should arrive tomorrow. I will post pics.

I also finished a .22caliber AR. With the price of ammo, I thought having a rifle capable of shooting for cheap would be wise. I am just trying to figure out what to do with sights for it.

I will post pics when I get a chance.
perch
perch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heckler on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:09 pm

Finally here are mine. Nothing fancy, not tactical, well one real good contender...

The 12 Ga. Arguably the best shotgun EVER made. Remington Model 870 "wingmaster" Magnum

And i couldn't get a good shot of the rifle..but here is a tease...

that's all folk's

Heckler
nile perch
nile perch

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:30 pm

i got a bb gun, does that count?

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 pm

I'd say the HK is tactical!

Both nice. Do any hunting with that shotty?
perch
perch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:46 pm

looks like you guys are going to have fun with this section..............

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heckler on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:51 am

Yeah i LOVE THE HK. most accurate pistol i have ever fired. I haven't "winged" in a long time. I also don't have a dog to retrieve. I would love to go out again. I used to turkey hunt when i was younger. But i'm afriad i have let my safety hunting license expire. and would need to take it again. But as a fly tyer I could certainly go and use the feathers for tying. Do you hunt 06062?

BB guns count, it's how i learned to handle a gun I think I was 9-10 years old. Then when i got older my uncle would fly me to South Carolina to sight in his scope for like 5-6 years. When i went to Vinal Tech I shot on the Varsity rifle club as a freshman, i think i was the first to do that there. But i could put a .22 on a dime at 100. shit i could do damn near anything with a .22

06062 we should get together and spit some lead. I do have to site in my .30-06.

Heckler
nile perch
nile perch

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:21 pm

HK's are very nice, but as far as modifications, I don't know alot. Glocks you can do some sick stuff to. I am sure some of the same things can be done.

Light/laser combos are a nice addition. So are silencers. You need to buy the silencer and then apply for a National Firearms Act tax stamp. It's an additional $200. It's not cheap, but fun to shoot. I am waiting on a stamp for a .22 silencer for a Walther P22. If it works, the photo below shows the light/laser combo and an Advanced Armament silencer on a H&K. Multiple high capacity magazines are a must, as Obama will try to ban those with a new Assault Weapon Ban. ***** See my other post for more information *****

perch
perch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heckler on Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:52 pm

drooling.....That's nice!!!.....heyzoos.

Heckler
nile perch
nile perch

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:20 pm

Am I correct in understanding that in CT I would need an eligibility certificate to get a pistol, and then a carry permit if I want to do anything other than look at it at home? To get the permit I guess I have to take the handgun safety course. Where is the best place to take that around the Meriden area? In VA we had open carry and prior service didn't have to take any safety courses. I think I might take the course and get a permit now before any new regulations come into effect. My wife hates guns, but I still have mine at my brothers (kinda lame-I know). Any input appreciated.

Thanks!

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein. Is Al a fishing guru trying to tell us something, or are we all just insane?
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 06062 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:16 pm

You apply for your permit at your local police department. Once granted, you receive a temporary state permit, and then you take that to the state police for your permanent pistol permit. If you did not want to get a permit, you can buy a gun, wait the two weeks for a background check and take it home. From there, you can bring it to the range, following certain protocals (locked in trunk with ammo seperate).

You need to take an NRA-type course to qualify for the pistol permit. I know a Central CT State University cop that teaches the class, but I don't know exactly where he teaches other than Wolf's Range in Bristol, CT. If you cantact the NRA or Meriden P.D., I am sure they can give you a list of instructors in your area. I am not familiar with any in Meriden.

perch
perch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: