theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

flying

Go down

flying

Post by meatloaf on Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:54 pm

any body been flyfishing lately?...i havent been out and ages and i want to hear about anyone who went out, even if was skunky....i wish i had more time, i would go as often as i could...good time to go without waders this time of year....the farmy would cool you off in this heat...and what's up with all that rain this summer? i wonder how bad the water levels are and how bad the cf's are............i seen flying ants lately....
anybody know what's hatching now...i think it's sulpher time if i am not mistaken. Shocked

meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: flying

Post by bassman on Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:57 pm

don't know anything about the hatch. But do know you won't be fishing much the rest of the year. good luck with the little one.
bassman
foulmouth bass
foulmouth bass

Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:08 pm

just the secret tournies, i imagine...but next year will be different....you should put your fly rod up for sale in fence it, bassman...even if we got some seasoned fliers in here, some of their novice friends might want a used whip for a discounted price

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heckler on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:16 pm

meatloaf wrote:any body been flyfishing lately?...i havent been out and ages and i want to hear about anyone who went out, even if was skunky....i wish i had more time, i would go as often as i could...good time to go without waders this time of year....the farmy would cool you off in this heat...and what's up with all that rain this summer? i wonder how bad the water levels are and how bad the cf's are............i seen flying ants lately....
anybody know what's hatching now...i think it's sulpher time if i am not mistaken. Shocked

Well the issue about the farmington heating up is a moot point. It is a bottom fed tailwater (fed by a dam) so the temps are constant (to an extent) it is also fed by the Still river (the West Branch) the temps range from 45-60 degrees (depending on the season) because the dam ( the Hogsback) releases from the bottom you cqan check the flows (cf's) i check it daily here

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ct/nwis/current?multiple_site_no=01186000%0D%0A01188090%0D%0A01189995%0D%0A01186500&search_site_no_match_type=exact&index_pmcode_STATION_NM=1&index_pmcode_DATETIME=2&index_pmcode_00065=3&index_pmcode_00060=4&index_pmcode_MEAN=&index_pmcode_MEDIAN=&index_pmcode_72019=&sort_key=site_no&group_key=NONE&sitefile_output_format=html_table&column_name=agency_cd&column_name=site_no&column_name=station_nm&column_name=lat_va&column_name=long_va&column_name=state_cd&column_name=county_cd&column_name=alt_va&column_name=huc_cd&format=html_table&html_table_sort_key=site_no&html_table_group_key=NONE&list_of_search_criteria=multiple_site_no%2Crealtime_parameter_selection

It is indeed Sulfur time, and BWO's as usual, the NeedHami, summer Caddis. here is a good spot for info for bug hatches (http://www.classicandcustomflyshop.com/ just scroll down to the bottom of the page ad you will see it. It is a good time to wet wade....no waders just you and the cold Farmington. it is a GEM of a fishery and a little goldmine for trout. But sadly has been VERY populated by out of stater's (which is cool i guess)I I love you Farmington River Fo' Sho'

Hope that was some useful info for you stick whippers. There are so many spots to fish and you can get around the crowds by fishing the little creeks that feed the Farmington. But there is a lot of good spots to fly fish in CT.

Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why. "rusty"

Heckler
nile perch
nile perch

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:06 pm

amazing and informative ....+6 viking points.....the heck is back and he's bigger than before, heh la, he la

meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down